Do's and Don'ts for winning the lottery

This forum hosts the lottery strategies used to increase the chances of winning.
Gabriel

Do's and Don'ts for winning the lottery

Post by Gabriel » 29 Nov 2019, 12:46

A general look at the things we can do (Do's) in order to increase our chances to win the lottery, and at those we should avoid (Don'ts).

The lottery related facts mentioned here are all being backed up with solid data provided by LottoMatic.

The first goal of the lottery player should be to NOT waste money. Playing lottery numbers that don't stand a chance is nothing but a waste of money, money which could be used instead to play whenever the odds look more favorable.

Ok but... how to find out which numbers do stand a chance and when are the odds favorable?

Well, this is what I'm about to let you know here... Any player knows (or should know) that lottery numbers have no memory. So, there is an equal possibility of any of them to become a winning number in the next draw. Even if that's a fact, only few of the numbers do actually come out, right? And if all of that is true, does it mean that there is no way to improve our chances to win? Not necessarily!

What most people do wrong is the fact that they look at the individual lottery numbers and try to figure out which one of them will be drawn. Instead of doing that, one should look at the lottery results as a whole. Look at the set of numbers instead of the individual lottery number.
LottoMatic has been developing custom, sophisticated software to find particular patterns of individual lottery numbers for years. Just to find out that such thing does not exist.

On the other hand, looking at the lottery results as a whole... now that's a different story. The previous results of any lottery show that the lottery combinations that have been drawn DID meet certain statistical criteria. Pretty much always. And if they did so, it is reasonably fair to believe and state that they will keep doing the same. Some people out there like to talk about "lottery patterns". They say that numbers follow certain patterns. Based on five years of lottery results research, I dare to say: That is not the case. I would rather say that lottery results like to stay within certain boundaries. Let me explain...

For any lottery results we can calculate a lot of related statistical factors such as the SUM of the numbers, the SUM of the digits that make up the numbers, the range of the numbers... to mention the most obvious ones only. In fact it's a looong list of factors. The past results of any lottery show us that lottery combinations like to stay within certain values for each of these factors.

The statistical factors for various lotteries across the globe are available at LottoMatic. Let's take a look at the mimial, maximal and average statistical values of the US Powerball, based the latest 100 draws at the time of this writing.

Note:The average value is the average based on the latest 100 results, not the average of the Min and Max values!

US Powerball

• SUM of numbers - Min: 52, Max: 259, Avg: 169.73
  • SUM of digits - Min: 21, Max: 53, Avg: 37.79
  • Range (difference between highest and lowest number in a draw) - Min:16, Max: 67, Avg: 48.66
  • Repeat rate (numbers in one draw also drawn in the previous draw) - 1 number: 20 times, 2 numbers: 3 times
  • Smallest distance (gap) between any two adjacent numbers - Min: 1, Max: 13, Avg: 3.40
  • Greatest distance (gap) between any two adjacent numbers - Min: 6, Max: 52, Avg: 25.62
  • Evens/Odds ratio - 47.80% / 52.20%
  • Consecutive numbers drawn - 2 consec: 19 draws, 3 consec: 3 draws, 4 consec: 1 draw, 5 and 6 consec: none during the last 100 draws

Now, let's compare the above data with the possible values of some of the above statistical factors. The repeat rate and the consecutive numbers comparison don't make sense in this case, so we leave them out for now. Will be discussed a little later though.

• SUM of numbers - Min: 15, Max: 335
  • SUM of digits - Min: 8, Max: 69
  • Range (difference between highest and lowest number in a draw) - Min:4, Max: 68
  • Smallest distance (gap) between any two adjacent numbers - Min: 1, Max: 65
  • Greatest distance (gap) between any two adjacent numbers - Min: 1, Max: 16
  • Evens/Odds ratio - 0% / 100% or 100% / 0%

What is the above data telling us? It tells us that the actual statistical factors of the US Powerball results (the combinations, the sets of numbers being drawn) wanted to stay away from the possible Min/Max statistical factor values, right? So, it would be fair to say that, in most cases, they will keep doing the same, wouldn't you agree?

Any US Powerball numbers combination having the SUM of numbers lower than 52 or higher than 259 did NOT have one chance to be a winner during the last 100 draws. Any US Powerball numbers combination with a SUM of the digits lower than 21 or higher than 53 did NOT have a single chance to be a winner during the latest 100 draws. The same is true for the combinations with a range of numbers that was outside 16 and 67.
We are talking AT LEAST hundreds of thousands of combinations here. And this is just looking at the 3 statistical factors that are being looked at most often.

Furthermore, if we take a look at the repeat rate, it is clear that the US Powerball numbers don't like to come out again in the next draw. For this reason, you may want to make sure the numbers you play next don't contain any of the latest results, or contain at most one number, in some cases.

Same with the consecutive numbers. While 3 consecutive numbers have been drawn 3 times and 4 consecutive numbers have been dawn once only, you may want to stay away from the US Powerball combinations containing more than 2 consecutive numbers. Actually, even those (2 consec.) should be used very carefully and only when the time is right.

There are ways to come even closer to the winning results by using more sophisticated/advanced techniques. Look at the trends of the numbers and at the trends of the first 3 statistical factors mentioned above, the SUM of numbers, SUM of digits and the range.

Before going any further, let's throw some light on what I mean by number trends and the trends of the statistical factors.

By number trends I mean the relation of every drawn number to the previous corresponding number, after the numbers in the results have been put in ascending order. So, after ordering/sorting the numbers in one set of results as well as in the previous set of results, if the first number in the latest results is higher than the first number in the previous results, we say that it has an "up" trend. If the number is lower, it has a "down" trend. And if the number is the same, it has a "steady" trend. A "steady" trend also means the number is a repeating one.

Looking at the 3 stats in a similar way, if the SUM of numbers in the latest results is higher than the SUM in the previous results, we say the sum trend is up, if it's lower, the trend is down and if it's the same (very rare actually), the trend is steady. Same with the SUM of digits and the range.

Hope you get the point...

It seems that, in this particular lottery, the number trends are quite mixed. Which means that, most of the time, we may want our US Powerball numbers to have mixed trends in relation to the latest results. Meaning, some of them should be higher than the corresponding previous numbers and some of them should be lower. But keep in mind this... whenever the number trends go one way, oftentimes they go the opposite way in the next draw. And this can be one way to know when to play. Because the amount of combinations that respect such rule (all numbers to be higher or lower than the corresponding numbers) would eliminate, again, lots of possible combinations.

Looking at the trends of the 3 stats, the situation is quite similar. Most of the time the trends are mixed. But when the trends of the 3 stats go one way, there are good chances for those trends to go the other way in the next draw. And so, we can get rid of even more number combinations that are not worth playing.

As a general rule for picking the right time/draw to play in any lottery would be this:

1. Observe the lottery for a while. Study the related statistical reports until you're getting familiar with them. This is key because, once you have a good grasp of the statistics, the brain will start using its intuitive capability which can make a huge difference!
  2. Figure out the things that are happening on a regular basis in the lottery you wish to play. A comprehensive statistical report, such as the LottoMatic matrix, should provide this information.
  3. See what is the occurrence rate of those things. For instance, if there are any repeating numbers, how often do they repeat? In other words, how many draws take place from one repeat to another? Or, how many draws from a set of 2 consecutive numbers drawn to another draw that also has 2 consecutive numbers.
  4. Observe the lottery and figure out when approximately will the next occurrence take place.
  5. Be prepared to come up with sets of numbers that respect the stats that stay away from the Min/Max possible values. An advanced lottery wheel/generator should be capable of doing all that. You will find one at LottoMatic.
  6. Start playing when something that happen before is most likely to be happening again based on the history of the lottery you're playing.
  7. Make sure you play responsibly!

To complete the above, you should also use as much as you can from the lottery history. For instance, if we look at the US Powerball statistical report (Matrix), we can see that any two numbers from the latest results have been drawn 119 times before. And any three numbers have been drawn 3 times. What this means is that, whatever numbers you play, should have at least three numbers drawn before. Several times actually. Furthermore, any two numbers in the combinations you prepare for the next draw should have at least two numbers drawn around 100 times or so. You can get a lot more accurate based on the statistical report.

Every lottery has a different behavior. The above is based on the US Powerball statistics so, for any other lottery, one should do a careful analysis of the statistical data of that lottery. For example a different lottery system like, let's say, Australia Set For Life, which is an an 8/37 lottery system, everything (statistical factor values, number trends, repeat rate, etc.) would look very different.

This is just a quick look into how we can improve our chances and how to figure out when is the right time to play. I will make some more detailed writings about this soon, including case studies of certain lotteries.

At the end, I would like you to think about something. If you would have to make a decision between A. Playing for about 50 lives to hit a jackpot for sure, or B. Hitting several second prizes every year, with a good chance to hit the jackpot once in a lifetime, which one would it be?

Thank you for your time and good luck!

Jehreal

Re: Do's and Don'ts for winning the lottery

Post by Jehreal » 09 Feb 2020, 15:20

Hello Gabriel,

I am tabling my question based on EUROJACKPOT, EUROMILLIONS and GERMANY 6aus49.

Based on the above mentioned lotteries and the like, do the trend of the predictions seen in front or first page displays, of the next results predictions for each of the lotteries indicates the possible trend of the next draw results

I ask because sometimes the next draw predictions are arranged in a reversed mode and vice versa eg (descending order instead of ascending order vice versa). That is why i ask if it is programmed like that to show one the trend that has the higher tendency for the next draws.

Thank you

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » 11 Feb 2020, 01:30

Hi Jehreal. Not very clear to me what your actual question is... Could you please try to make it more clear? Maybe by providing a couple of examples based on real data...

Jehreal

Post by Jehreal » 13 Feb 2020, 09:05

Hello Gabriel,

I appreciate your reply and your concern to getting me cleared about the matter.

Fortunately I am already cleared about the question. So you can forget about that.

However I would like to let you know that Germany lotto 6aus49 predictions are not yet displayed since yesterday uptill today. Please if you are not aware of that, please be informed and kindly rectify whatever might be the case.

Thank you

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » 14 Feb 2020, 03:32

Jehreal, I looked into this and found out that the Germany Lotto predictions for 2020-02-15 have not been posted.

We have manually started the prediction engine for this particular lottery so the predictions should be up in last than one hour.

Wish there would be other users noticing us. It helps improving the service for everybody.

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » 14 Feb 2020, 03:33

I also checked the EuroMillions and EuroJackpot predictions for tonight and they are up.